1. Medicaid or SoonerCare as we know it in Oklahoma, is a federal-state program that provides health insurance to low-income individuals and families. SoonerCare played a critical role in providing healthcare to those that lost their jobs or health insurance.
2. With the pandemic coming to an end, there will likely be a shift in focus from emergency response to long-term recovery. This shift will require continued investment in the public health infrastructure which includes SoonerCare in Oklahoma.
3. The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 included provisions to strengthen Medicaid/SoonerCare, including increasing federal funding and expanding eligibility to include suspending the renewal guidelines.
4. The expansion of Medicaid/SoonerCare has shown to have a positive impact on public health, including reducing mortality rates and increasing access to preventative care.
5. Medicaid/SoonerCare has played a crucial role in providing access to COVID-19 vaccines, which has been key to ending the pandemic.
6. The need for Medicaid/SoonerCare will not end as we come out of the pandemic. Many individuals and family with low income will still need the assistance with healthcare.
7. SoonerCare/Medicaid has shown to have positive impacts on the economy by reducing medical debt and helping to improve the financial stability for low-income individuals.
8. With the end of the pandemic, the renewal process for Medicaid/SoonerCare will be reinstated and may affect individuals if they no longer meet the eligibility guidelines.
9. Those that lose Medicaid/SoonerCare as a result of losing eligibility will become eligible for Marketplace/Affordable Care Act Coverage and should seek the help of a local agent to help them navigate the many options available.
10. As we come out of this pandemic, Medicaid/SoonerCare will continue to help countless individuals and families and for others, there is assistance through the Marketplace/Affordable Care Act or job based coverage. When it comes to applying for Soonercare or Medicaid, Consult a local agent or your employer to see what options you have available to you and your family.
Having a good Insurance Agent to rely on doesn't cost you anything and In Return;